HLI Price Correlated With Financials For Houlihan Lokey
Free historical financial statements for Houlihan Lokey Inc. See how revenue, income, cash flow, and balance sheet financials have changed over 26 quarters since 2016. Compare with HLI stock chart to see long term trends.
Background Houlihan Lokey, Inc. ("Houlihan Lokey," or "HL, Inc." also referred to as the "Company," "we," "our," or "us") is a Delaware corporation that controls the following primary subsidiaries:
• Houlihan Lokey Capital, Inc., a California corporation ("HL Capital, Inc."), is a wholly owned direct subsidiary of HL, Inc. HL Capital, Inc. is registered as a broker-dealer under Section 15(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and a member of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
• Houlihan Lokey Financial Advisors, Inc., a California corporation ("HL FA, Inc."), is a wholly owned direct subsidiary of HL, Inc.
• HL Finance, LLC ("HL Finance"), a syndicated leveraged finance platform established to arrange senior secured leveraged loans for financial sponsor-backed, privately-held, and public corporate entities. HL Finance acts as an arranger on syndicated loan transactions and has entered into an agreement with an unaffiliated third party investor that may provide commitments with respect to certain syndicated loans arranged by HL Finance.
• Houlihan Lokey EMEA, LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England ("HL EMEA, LLP"), is an indirect subsidiary of HL, Inc. HL EMEA, LLP is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom ("U.K.").
On August 18, 2015, the Company successfully completed an initial public offering ("IPO") of its Class A common stock. Expenses related to the IPO recorded in the consolidated statements of comprehensive income include the following:
• $0, $14,289 and $14,045 of compensation expenses associated with the amortization of restricted stock granted in connection with the IPO for the years ended March 31, 2021, 2020, and 2019, respectively; amortization expense of restricted stock granted in connection with the IPO is being recognized over a four and one-half year vesting period; and
• $0, $10,035 and $10,273 of compensation expenses associated with the accrual of certain deferred cash payments granted in connection with the IPO for the years ended March 31, 2021, 2020, and 2019, respectively; accrual expense of deferred cash payments granted in connection with the IPO is being recognized over a four and one-half year vesting period.
In connection with the IPO, the HL Holders deposited their shares of HL, Inc. Class B common stock into a voting trust (the "HL Voting Trust") and own such common stock through the HL Voting Trust.
In April 2018, the Company completed the acquisition of Quayle Munro Limited, an independent advisory firm that provides corporate finance advisory services to companies underpinned by data & analytics, content, software, and services.
In May 2018, the Company completed the acquisition of BearTooth Advisors, an independent advisory business providing strategic advisory and placement agency services to alternative investment managers.
In June 2019, the Company exercised its option to acquire the remaining 51% of the shares of Lara (Italy Holdco) Limited ("Lara"). Lara's only operating subsidiary, Houlihan Lokey S.p.A., is an Italian-based company that provides corporate finance advisory services.
In November 2019, the Company completed the acquisition of Fidentiis Capital, an independent advisory business providing independent corporate finance advisory services relating to mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, and financing.
In December 2019, the Company completed the acquisition of Freeman & Co., an independent advisory business providing mergers and acquisitions advisory, capital raising, and other investment banking advisory services for the financial services sector.
In August 2020, the Company completed the acquisition of MVP Capital, LLC ("MVP"), an independent advisory firm that provides a range of financial advisory services to clients in the technology, media, and telecommunications sectors.
The Company offers financial services and financial advice to a broad clientele located throughout the United States o