Industrials › Retail-Auto Dealers And Gasoline Stations
KAR Price Correlated With Financials For KAR Auction Services
Free historical financial statements for KAR Auction Services Inc.. See how revenue, income, cash flow, and balance sheet financials have changed over 41 quarters since 2012. Compare with KAR stock chart to see long term trends.
Organization and Other Matters KAR Auction Services, Inc., doing business as KAR Global, was organized in the State of Delaware on November 9, 2006. The KAR group of companies is comprised of ADESA, Inc., Automotive Finance Corporation and additional business units.
Unless otherwise indicated or unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms used herein shall have the following meanings:
• "we," "us," "our," "KAR" and "the Company" refer, collectively, to KAR Auction Services, Inc. and all of its subsidiaries;
• "ADESA" or "ADESA Auctions" refer, collectively, to ADESA, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, and ADESA, Inc.'s subsidiaries, including Openlane, Inc. (together with Openlane, Inc.'s subsidiaries, "Openlane"), BacklotCars, Inc. ("BacklotCars"), CARWAVE Holdings LLC ("CARWAVE"), Nth Gen Software Inc. ("TradeRev"), ADESA Remarketing Limited (formerly known as GRS Remarketing Limited ("GRS" or "ADESA Remarketing Limited")) and ADESA Europe (formerly known as CarsOnTheWeb ("COTW"));
• "AFC" refers, collectively, to Automotive Finance Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ADESA, and Automotive Finance Corporation's subsidiaries and other related entities, including PWI Holdings, Inc. (which was sold on December 1, 2020);
• "Credit Agreement" refers to the Amended and Restated Credit Agreement, dated March 11, 2014 (as amended, amended and restated, modified or supplemented from time to time), among KAR Auction Services, Inc., as the borrower, the several banks and other financial institutions or entities from time to time parties thereto and JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A., as administrative agent;
• "Credit Facility" refers to the $950 million, senior secured term loan B-6 facility due September 19, 2026 ("Term Loan B-6") and the $325 million, senior secured revolving credit facility due September 19, 2024 (the "Revolving Credit Facility"), the terms of which are set forth in the Credit Agreement;
• "IAA" refers, collectively, to Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc., formerly a wholly-owned subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, and Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc.'s subsidiaries and other related entities, including HBC Vehicle Services Limited ("HBC"). See Note 4;
• "KAR Auction Services" refers to KAR Auction Services, Inc. and not to its subsidiaries;
• "Senior notes" refers to the 5.125% senior notes due 2025 ($950 million aggregate principal was outstanding at December 31, 2021);
• "Series A Preferred Stock" refers to the Series A Convertible Preferred Stock, par value $0.01 per share (612,676 and 571,606 shares of Series A Preferred Stock were outstanding at December 31, 2021 and 2020, respectively);
• "Term Loan B-4" refers to the senior secured term loan B-4 facility, the terms of which are set forth in the Credit Agreement;
• "Term Loan B-5" refers to the senior secured term loan B-5 facility, the terms of which are set forth in the Credit Agreement; and
• "2017 Revolving Credit Facility" refers to the $350 million senior secured revolving credit facility existing under the Credit Agreement prior to September 19, 2019.
Business and Nature of Operations
ADESA is a leading provider of wholesale vehicle auctions and related vehicle remarketing services for the automotive industry. As of December 31, 2021, the ADESA Auctions segment serves a domestic and international customer base through digital marketplaces supported by more than 70 vehicle logistics center locations across North America. ADESA also includes BacklotCars, an app and web-based dealer-to-dealer wholesale vehicle platform utilized in the United States, CARWAVE, an online dealer-to-dealer marketplace in the United States, TradeRev, an online automotive remarketing platform in Canada where dealers can launch and participate in real-time vehicle auctions at any time, ADESA Remarketing Limited, an online whole car vehicle remarketing business in the United Kingdom and ADESA Europe (formerly known as CarsOnTh