Real Estate › Real Estate Agents And Managers (For Others)
RMAX Price Correlated With Financials For RE/MAX Holdings
Free historical financial statements for RE/MAX Holdings Inc.. See how revenue, income, cash flow, and balance sheet financials have changed over 33 quarters since 2014. Compare with RMAX stock chart to see long term trends.
1. Business and Organization RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (“Holdings”) completed an initial public offering (the “IPO”) of its shares of Class A common stock on October 7, 2013. Holdings’ only business is to act as the sole manager of RMCO, LLC (“RMCO”). As of December 31, 2021, Holdings owns 60.0% of the common membership units in RMCO, while RIHI, Inc. (“RIHI”) owns the remaining 40.0%. Holdings and its consolidated subsidiaries, including RMCO, are referred to hereinafter as the “Company.” The Company is one of the world’s leading franchisors in the real estate industry, franchising real estate brokerages globally under the RE/MAX brand (“RE/MAX”) and mortgage brokerages within the United States (“U.S.”) under the Motto Mortgage brand (“Motto”). The Company also sells ancillary products and services, primarily technology, to the RE/MAX and Motto franchise networks and in certain instances, commercializes those offerings outside those networks. The Company focuses on enabling its networks’ success by providing powerful technology, quality education, and valuable marketing to build the strength of the RE/MAX and Motto brands. RE/MAX was founded in 1973 and its strategy is to sell franchises and help those franchisees recruit and retain the best agents. The RE/MAX brand is built on the strength of the Company’s global franchise network and its unique economic model that helps to attract and retain the best-performing and most experienced agents by maximizing their opportunity to retain a larger portion of their commissions. On July 21, 2021, the Company acquired the operating companies of the North America regions of RE/MAX INTEGRA (“INTEGRA”), converting more than 19,000 agents in INTEGRA’s formerly Independent Regions into Company-Owned Regions. Motto, founded in 2016, has grown to over 185 offices across more than 35 states. The Motto franchise model offers U.S. real estate brokers, real estate professionals and other investors access to the mortgage brokerage business. Motto, is highly complementary to our RE/MAX real estate business and is designed to improve the profitability of real estate brokerages by providing Motto franchise owners with diversified revenue and income streams and with assistance with compliance with complex mortgage regulations. Motto franchisees offer potential homebuyers an opportunity to find both real estate agents and independent Motto loan originators at the same location or at offices near each other. RE/MAX and Motto are 100% franchised—the Company does not own any of the brokerages that operate under these brands. Holdings Capital Structure Holdings has two classes of common stock, Class A common stock and Class B common stock. Class A common stock Holders of shares of Class A common stock are entitled to one vote for each share held of record on all matters submitted to a vote of stockholders. Additionally, holders of shares of Class A common stock are entitled to receive dividends when and if declared by the Company’s Board of Directors, subject to any statutory or contractual restrictions on the payment of dividends. Holders of shares of Class A common stock do not have preemptive, subscription, redemption or conversion rights. Class B common stock RIHI is the sole holder of Class B common stock and is controlled by David and Gail Liniger, the Company’s co-founders. Pursuant to the terms of the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation, Class B common stock is entitled to a number of votes on matters presented to Holdings’ stockholders equal to the number of RMCO common units that RIHI holds. Through its ownership of the Class B common stock, RIHI holds 40.0% of the voting power of the Company’s stock as of December 31, 2021. Mr. Liniger also owns Class A common stock with an additional 1.1% of the voting power of the Company’s stock as of December 31, 2021. Holders of shares of Class B common stock do not have preemptive, subscription, redemption or conversion rights. Holders of shares of Class A